BETA75X Frsky receivers were all pre-flashed in FCC firmware before 27th September.
Thus,if your radio controller uses EU-LBT firmware,you have to flash the firmware of the Frsky receiver to EU-LBT firmware. Otherwise, you can't bind successfully.
For EU-LBT firmware users that has bought Beta75X with FCC firmware for Frsky receiver, you can checkout here to find out how to flash Frsky receiver to EU-LBT firmware.
Cli Dump & Methods to Connect the Receiver to the 2S FC & Binding Procedures
Note: The DSMX receiver used on the 75X is different from the one we used before. The binding procedure is also different.
Find out details on our support page.
This is a new era for Whoop drones. 2S Whoop drone has the power to fly real acro, like a larger quad, but is still small enough, safe enough, and quiet enough to fly anywhere. Beta75X and Beta65X. X is for "eXtreme".
A detailed review of the Beta75X drone by Nate Payne on YT.
See how fast the 2S whoop drone is. Video by Daniel Sugano.
Another overview and flight video by Brenden Guffin.
For more video about these 2S Whoop drone, please check here:
More Overview Videos
Have any questions about 2S Whoop drone, please join our group on Facebook:
2S POWER-WHOOP GROUP
Join the online discussion about 2S Whoop drones at RCGroups.com:
- Beta75X start a new era of 2S whoop drones. With a big improvement in power, you could fly real acro, like a larger quad, but is still small enough, safe enough, and quiet enough to fly anywhere.
- With the high performance STM32F405 processor FC boards and tuned Betaflight Ominibus 3.5.0 firmware, everyone could fly the Beta75X drone like a racing professor.
- Durable and light enough frame is customed for the Beta75X. A total weight of 41g give pilots a good balance of weight and nice punch on 2S battery.
- Whole drone no soldering or tinkering necessary. Customed lightest 1103 11000KV motors with cable connectors. Just plug and play.
- 300mAh 2S high rate battery is recommend in default. But pilot could also use their whoop batteries with a replaced power cable. Optional and affordable.
The Beta75X drone comes with "props out" in default. Why we need "props out" direction?
Default Betaflight props direction, quadcopter dips and "washes out" in hard corners. With reversed props or "props out", no more dipping even in hardest cornering.
Know more about "Props Out".
There are 2 choices for the Beta75X battery. For the best performance, we recommend a 2S 300mAh battery with XT30 connector. If you already have many 1S whoop style batteries and want to use them on the Beta75X drone, then we also provide a PH 2.0 option for you. The two 300mAh Lipo HV 1S batteries can be inserted into the slot with the help of an adapter, as seen below.
The AIO camera VTX on the Beta75X is a customed version of Z02. The VTX board and camera board are split and 35 degree camera mount for more fast flying. At the same time, it have all the other function of the Z02 camera, like output power switchable between 0mW, 25mW and 200mW. Smart audio is available for VTX remote control in default.
How to change the frequncy or output power via remont control, please check the manual Smart Audio.
Download the STL file for the camera mount.
1. About the LED at the rear for Beta75X
For the moment, the FC board doesn't support programable LED like WS2812 etc. The LED holder is designed on the frame nowadays. So we will update the FC board on the next version and release the suitable LED board.
Note: there is NO rear LED holder for Beta65X in default.
2. I am interested in connecting an HD camera and DVR, but I don't want to overload the circuit of 5V.
The 5V regulator on the FC board could handle 2A of load. So you could use it for HD camera or DVR board. More details, please check the FC board page.
3. Does this drone have current sensor?
This drone does NOT have a real current sensor. We use the virtual current meter in Betaflight. When properly calibrated, it can be accurate enough to be useful. Here is the pre-calibrated value out of the box.
set current_meter = VIRTUAL
set ibatv_scale = 90
set ibatv_offset = 29
4. How to connect the receiver to the 2S brushless FC?
Please don't forget to plug the battery when you try to connect the connector to the 2S brushless FC. Find out more details in our support page.
5. Cli Dump for different versions of the 2S Whoop are provided in our support page.
- 1 * Beta75X BNF 2S Whoop Quadcopter
- 1 * Spare 40mm 4-blades props (2CW+2CCW)
- 1 * 300mAh 2S 35C-70C battery (Not for PNP version) / 2 * 300mAh 1S Lipo HV batteries (Not for PNP version)
- 1 * Spare Canopy